Thursday, September 29, 2011

kicking water and throwing sand

These past couple days I had the joy of experiencing two very different and rare phenomenon.. The first being "glowing tide" and the second being a Padres victory.  I will begin with the former. 


Now, I recommend you google this, because its actually pretty cool- but every now and then something happens with plankton.. or kelp.. or something.. and the water turns red and smells gross.. and its really kinda gross.. but then when night comes, whenever there is a disruption in the water, it glows like a glow stick!!! so when waves and the tide comes in.. and its usually all white and foamy- it glows a really bright green color.  I seriously can't get over it.  I checked it out with some friends on Monday, and then again on Tuesday.  When there is enough of whatever makes it glow when water comes in, the footprints you left in the sand would have glowy water left in it.. and you could kick the water, and it would splash glowy-ness, or kick the sand- and it would glow.. way cool, pretty magical. 


The second rare phenomenon was a Padres victory! yay! My friend and I were able to make it to the last game of the season, where we pulled off a win against the Cubs, also very fun.. it got a little chilly, so it was a good thing I packed my WSU snuggie.  go cougs!




1 comment: