Wednesday, April 13, 2011

come together, right now

What recession?!  Today I found out that my transfer is official and I will continue to work at Pier 1, keeping my same position in management which was really exciting!  I assumed I would go in as just work a few hours a week as an associate, but they randomly needed a new sales manager the week I move down.. so this is very great news for me, my wallet and my future rent collector!! I get to stick with Pier 1, and the extra job will help a lot financially. 


Also, I feel very homeless in life.  I haven't really lived at home with my parents since I graduated high school, and have been floating all around between the Pullman and Spokane WSU campuses over the past four years.. I don't really consider myself "from" anywhere anymore- I have a house, but I don't really have a home.  Pier 1 has been a consistent thing in my life since moving to Spokane, so I'm really happy I will have something I "know" upon my arrival in San Diego. The women that I work with are such a big part of my life here- I really do count them as a part of my family as far as living in Spokane goes.  


When I get to San Diego, I will be staying with friends, as well as house sitting into late June- so I have a month of rent I don't really have to worry about, and a month of time to find a great place.  I've been looking at places I would be interested in living- but I don't quite qualify to even apply, which has been making me very anxious.  Most (legit) places require a few months of local employment history, which I simply wouldn't have.  Also, I don't know exactly what my pay checks are looking like ect.. and I dont want to be rushed into moving into the first cheap apartment that will let me move in on craigslist, I want a great place. A place that I can consider my first real home.  After the last 4 years, and especially the first 2 months of SD living, I'm really exausted from temporary living and temporary plans..  I know its not going to be the biggest place, or the nicest place, but it will be my own place that I worked for.. and I think that will mean more than anything.  


Today I added one more temporary housing place on my list.  
Tons of UCSD and SDSU students are trying to sublease their apartments/rooms for their summer vacation.  I decided to take up one of these rooms for many reasons.  
1. The rent will be a little bit cheaper, for a little bit longer
2. Its 3 more months I have to establish employment history/figure out just how much money I'll be taking in each month
3. I can research in what part of the San Diego/La Jolla area I want to live
4. I can make friends my age!!! 


I'll be sharing an apartment until mid/end of August with (I think) 3 other girls (maybe only 2), who I believe are all finishing up their junior year , so they are just a year below me! After an appropriate amount of facebook stalking, the girl whose room I'm moving into and I decided we would all get along great and I'm REALLY excited! I think my stress levels went down from 5 mental breakdowns a day to probably just one.  


Of course all this business of things going my way just leaves me waiting for something to go wrong.  Im crossing my fingers it wont! 

No comments:

Post a Comment