Saturday, April 16, 2011

Houston, we have a problem

I jinxed myself, the first flaw in this master plan of life has emerged. 

the student housing situation has fell through as she has decided to stay in the San Diego area for the summer and is no longer sub leasing her apartment! AH!  

The good thing is I know two months "ahead of time" so I'm not further 'behind' than I was.. and I'm not really that behind.. at all. And if I want to still do that, there are 100s of students looking to sublease for the summer. So again- not too worried. 

The good news is, the woman who started this whole San Diego moving adventure knows a guy who is renting out a room in his downtown apartment.  Also, price wise- its on the bottom end of what I was hoping to pay (very very bottom end.. meaning, it was probably the lowest I thought I would find)  BUT he wants it leased out by May 1.. I wont even be down there "permanently" until May 16th- and I wasn't hoping to have to start paying rent until mid June.. But the price is definitely right and the location is one I probably would't have been able to afford on my own.. so I might have to bite the bullet (or whatever they say) and just take this "ideal" apartment now.  I'll get an e-mail tomorrow morning with all the details- I'll see if its too good to be true!

In equally as not exciting news- Im beginning to part with furniture in my apartment that I swore I would be taking down with me.. I need the money and less crap. sooo I'll be starting over in that area.. but if im moving in with someone, it sounds like I wont need anything anyways. So maybe it will work out.. 
I'll find out tomorrow when I get more details from that email!

Crisis averted? 

No comments:

Post a Comment