Wednesday, April 27, 2011

listing

its getting closer!!! not counting moving day, its down to single digits! only 9 days till I leave spokane and head on down to San Diego!!


My most recent feeling about leaving has been nostalgia.
I said my first really rough goodbye (unless he can make it up to spokane for my going away shindig) to one of my longest running friends, when I visited Pullman (also probably for the last time).  I've been concentrating so much on all the good and how excited I am, that I have been ignoring all the people I'm going to miss like crazy.


Also, today was my first really day of packing.  the walls in my apartment are bare now, and there are boxes scattered around.  Its hard to tell if I'm coming or going.  I cried a little packing up all my frames and pictures.. taping them shut in a cardboard box knowing I wont see them until I get settled into a place at the end of the summer and my parents bring everything down.  I also know it will probably be twice as hard to reopen the box and see all my friends smiling faces- hard copies of my favorite memories.


I was grabbing some dinner to go at a market by my work when I ran into my friend/favorite barista.. He's also moving, and we talked about getting ready to leave Spokane and he said something that has stuck in my mind all day.. "its a good thing you're leaving before you hate it, otherwise you'd never come back"


this is true.  I'm not leaving spokane because I hate it, I'm actually more fond of it than most people..
I just cant be here right now.. at this point in my life, and might morph into a pile of dust if I had to keep living my life as it is right now, for another day. If I didn't get a job in San Diego, I would have found another reason to move somewhere else. to keep my spirits high about visiting and coming back, I decided to have a list of why I like "home" (spokane, LCV) that I can refer to, need be, at a later date.


1. people. My parents live here, so I obvs have to come visit them
2. I love the Asotin County Fair.. actually I hate the fair.. but I love to hate it.. so many high school memories involve the fair.
3. Pullman/AXO my beautiful sorority and beautiful sisters.. well.. my sisters are leaving Pullman too.. but.. still. litb
4. my Pier1 family!  the most amazing women ever :)
5. Fazzaris Pizza.  if you know- you know.


Also, I'm worried I'll get down there and ask myself.. why did I move down here.. every time something goes wrong. (I predict this to be a longer list)


1. No matter where I am, I am within 5 miles of a Baja Fresh, and Baja Fresh has an unlimited supply if my favorite food: pico de gallo.  They call it a "condiment bar" I call it an all you can eat pico buffet.
2. job. duh
3. sunshine. No more monthly tanning bill!!!
4. Im one step closer to starting a beachfront waffle house in San Diego called the "sandy eggo" GET IT?!?
5. I watch pandacam on the San Diego Zoo website (pretty much watching pandas hang out on live camera) all the time, and now I can just go to the zoo and watch panda cam HD.. #winning!
6. I can FINALLY go see the grand canyon!! Every time my family goes to Vegas, I try to talk someone into taking a day trip and seeing it.. now my dream can be a reality!
7. Its easier to bribe people to visit you when you live in a desirable location. sun, surf, the zoo and close proximity to disneyland and LA.. much more fun than doing.. well.. nothing in Spokane.


all logical reasons.. and of course many more. thats just what I came up with off the top of my head.


putting things in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment