Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the little things

After my first "real" week down here, I have noticed that I find the biggest change in the little things... 


When I wake up in the morning, I watch/listen to the local news, I think I'm finally used to the "surf report" but I don't think I'll get used to what weather I need to pay attention to on what I call the weather grid.  Because of the location, the San Diego weather (on this particular station) is presented in a grid.  the normal "high, low, precip, humidity, ect" is across the top like normal, but there is four of them stacked on each other presenting the "coastal, inland, mountain, desert" So I have to be quick to listen and read, otherwise ill be prepared for the 95 degree desert weather, when really, I needed to be listening for the 65 degree costal weather. 
drama.


Im ALMOST able to drive to and from work without using my GPS. but its definitely limited TO and FROM work, and only when I'm starting and ending at Pats house (see the cast of characters).  and even though I drive the same 2 routes everyday, I cant get over the names of the exits I take.. "Sea World Blvd." is probably my favorite, and even though I take the "Los Angeles" exit going home from work- I would rather take the one that leads you to the beach.. called "Beaches"- it never fails to amuse me. 


I've kept nice and busy- not really by choice, but I'm very very very glad to be working. Since I got back last week (Monday) I've worked every day between the two jobs.  I scored next monday (memorial day) off, and am going to a pool party with Zach and Alex (see the c.o.c) really excited! it will make the 13 days of no days off worth it! 


I'm OBSESSED with the big project happening at Maudlin right now, its a farm to plate eatery opening in Del Mar this summer- were doing all the fixtures for it.. heres the web site so you can check what its all about (  www.urbanplates.com  )


I move into the townhouse in Pacific Beach with two roommates who already live there on the 1st, so I'm anxiously looking forward to that.. but will miss Pats delicious baking!! I can smell homemade banana bread in the oven now.. yummmmm!  The lease for that place is up in October, in that time I will either not want to leave its awesome awesome awesome location (I could't afford to live in the area without a roommate- or two. not to mention its an AWESOME place, everything is new new new) and find two roommates to fill the other spots- OR (and most likely) I'll find a new place to move into on my own. 


hopefully more exciting things will happen so I have more to update you on!! 


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment